Poison Dust!

According to this here article, it turns out that when your TV is on, the heat evaporates chemical flame retardants used in all the wiring and emits them as a gas, which is then absorbed by the household dust that coats your favorite mind-numbing appliance.  Some guy in the article is concerned that this could present a public health issue in a few months when broadcasters switch to digital-only signals and lots of people toss their TVs all at once, putting lots of this toxic dust into the air.

I’m not as worried as that guy, but I do think we just figured out the twist ending that explains what’s happening in M. Night Shyamalan’s The Happening.  Sorry Marky Mark, now you’ll never get my $11 dollars.

Advertisements

About this entry